how many MH

kyle

Reefing newb
i have a 65g hex tank and it like 30 inchs deep or soand just under 30 inchs wide i was thinking of using 1 250w MH will this be suffice

i myself would use all MH the t5's are not going to get the penetration that the MH will if you use a 14k mh there is no need for any accent lights unless you want the light to look whiter the 14k are a crisp cool blue they look very nice.

then how much to u think a fixuters for 2 lamps will cost im only 17 i dont really wanna put down like 900 buck on lites
im not saying im goin to go cheep i just wanna keep my cost down

i dont really know the differance i need the whole lite and reflector all i have now is a hood wit 3 t.6 that i are only good down to like 18"

i would do the retro fit then since you have a hood but you may need to lift it up more off the tank and add a fan you can get a cheap clip on fan from walmart to help get rid of heat.

kool thanks for all the help man butt i got to go to work now i think im going to start shopping for some mh that can hold to blubs

Welcome To The World Of The Hex Tank !! I Have One Half The Size Of The One You Have. I Just Ordered The 150w 14k Mh From Hamilton. Everyone Helped Me Make Up My Mind Here. You Might Want To Hang It Over Your Tank And Keep The Top Open. Also Have Fun Aquiscaping.. What A Pain In The But It Was For Me. But Your Tank Is Double The Size Of Mine So You Might Have Better Luck !!!
Good Luck And Take Your Time With It !!!! Welcome To Livingreefs.com

One metal halide with a standard reflector (not round) will cover apprx. 2 ft of tank. with the t-5 supplements you will be fine

Back