How many fish?

Kully3xf

Reefer Madness
Hey guy im going to the LFS today to go pick up a new fish, idk what im gunna get tho, so this brings the question, how many gallons am i going by? i have a 30 gallon tank with a sump that has about 18~20 gallons of water do i get fish that work in 30 gallons and less or 50 gallons and less? does the gallons refer to the shape of the tank or total volume of circulating water?

Thanks guys!

Use the volume of the tank the fish are living in, so if you have a 30 gal tank, i would look at keeping 3 fish.

What fish do you already have?

What about a goby or blenny then for your tank? I got a starry blenny a few weeks ago and he is such a character. Love that dude! And his eyebrows!

Went to the LFS and got a new fish and a star fish :)
I checked out a new fish store, and man it was sweet.
2u5dh6c.jpg

I picked out a canary blenny
11gk3dc.jpg

and i got a halloween decoration for the tank for the halloween party i am having next weekend, and it lead to giving the blenny the name "eyeballs"

sfz237.jpg

Also my cat finally noticed the fish tank

2crm3up.jpg

:)

damn, the lfs i go to is so ghetto! they always have like 3-400 frags to choose from. its in the bottom story of their house. but that looks sort of like an anthelia or however you spell it ,its cool!

Yea the fish store was amazing. They are having a huge blow out sale Nov 19 like half off everything. Not to mention that pic is just freshwater side... the salt was 2 times the size. And yea I was watching a movie with my lady and I jumped out of the couch and took a picture lol.

Back