Help with Duncans

Smitty

Reef pro
I purchased a Duncan coral yesterday, which has three heads, and was wondering where is the best place to place it in the tank...where I currently have it seems like a little too much flow, or do they prefer lots of flow...it is constantly strongly swaying in the current.

I have read that they prefer low flow, but my LFS has them in a moderate to high flow area and they seem to be doing great. I would recommend that you leave them where they are (assuming you like the placement) and monitor their behavior. If they aren't fully opening or they start to retract then you can assume you have too much flow and you may try to relocate them or redirect some of the flow.

Low to medium flow. I have them in my frag tank which is veru low flow and they are doing great. They also do not require a tom of light. Spot feeding them will make them grow like weeds.

OK thanks guys, I thought they were in too much flow...I also bought a stick of cyclo-pleeze, and i've noticed all of the corals including duncans to respond very well to it.

My Duncans are in a moderate flow.But it's the lowest flow spot I got in the tank.
Their doing great so far.And they like frozen mysis too.

Sounds like they're doing well. I purchased 2 three head stalks and placed them in medium flow and strong light. They took about 5 days to finally open, but seem to be doing well now.

Back