Help! Need some advice

little_fish

Reef pro
So i am thinking of upgrading to 75 gal tank and i need advice on several things.

1. Lighting. I cant buy new lights, so what i was thinking i could push the lights over to one side leaving about a foot not covered by lights. I would like to do a non-photosynthetic section in that part of the tank. But this tank is about 3 inches deeper than my current tank, so i dont know if the light will penetrate down far enough to keep anything beyond basic corals there. Would i be able to keep LPS corals down near the bottom? I currently have 4 T5 bulbs with individual reflectors.

2. I know im going to have to move in at least a year. I might be moving across the country for vet school or i could be moving two hours away. Im already planning a very light stocking on fish, and more heavy on the corals. How much harder is it going to be to move a 75 gal tank verses a 46 gal tank. Also how difficult is it to move any tank long distances?

I think LPS would be fine near the bottom if you have T5s with IRs.

I don't think there is much of a difference at all between moving tanks of those sizes. Either way, you are going to need a lot of tubs and buckets. If you use new sand, it will make moving easier.

I agree with Biff. I think the only real difference in moving the two would be the weight of the tank itself and more buckets...

Back