Help me with my Next fish.Something that pops!

mtlreeffreak

Reefing newb
Hey guys I have 3 Blue Reef chromis and a pair of clowns..
What should my next Reef safe fish be.. I like something that "glows" or "pops" with my LED lights.. what do you guys have that really stands out under the LED lights?

Thank you!

if you have a 150 i would suggest a blue hippo tang! and a flame angel. sometimes flames will eat coral but you have a 50/50 shot but they are both beautiful

Funnny you mention flame angel. my Fish guy just called me and said he got a nice one..
My friend had a flame angel and said it ate nipped at his clam.. I plan to have a Clam in the future so Dont think i will go that route anything else?

I have no budget.. Just want something reef safe that will really brighten up the tank under the LED's

Also I have no top and dont really want to put an egg crate and I have read that Wrasses jump soo :(

typical brian recommending 4 wrasses out of his 5 choices;) but a wrasse would be cool, not gonna lie their one of my favorite fish.how about a yellow tang?

Ya was gonna get a yellow tang.. There nice.. Just very common.. Wanted to stock some rarer stuff.. As i said the wrasse are so nice but Im scared for 200-300 bucks there gonna jump lol

Hey listen, you can't beat the colors or activity or wrasses if you're looking for reef safe. Now if it's a FOWLR, then I'd suggest some angels or triggers lol.

You're really limited by the types of wrasses you add and how many other fish you have. I've got 3 wrasses in my 75 and I've been on the lookout for 2 more. That guys tank is a 225 and he's got like 20-30 wrasses in it. Say you get a harem of 3 wrasses you could probably do 2-3 harems.

The leopard wrasses and anthias will do better if you let the tank mature a bit. The anthais have super high metabolisms and will do better if they have something they can graze on during the day. Even then, they need to be fed multiple times a day for best heath. The leopard wrasses can be difficult to get eating frozen, so an established tank is a benefit for them until you can get them eating frozen.

Back