Finally Did It!

BigH55

I'm that guy
i built a canopy for my tank. Cant believe how much better it makes them look.
CanopyPics013.jpg

Also to the left is where my frag tank is going and im going to build a book shelf on each side so it looks like a whole fishertainment center.

Im not the best carpenter but it didnt turn out to bad. I did however forget to but a door on the front so I had to go back and add one which was a PITA. Also added another clip on fan inside and now the tank is as cool as the other side of the pillow 76 degrees all day long.

BigH, is that a 110 tall? How do you like having a tall tank? Personally, I'd trade for a shallow any day, I only bought the tall cuz it was cheap!
The canopy looks great. I guess you could use a little more rock, always helps the filtering. Your tank looks good the way it is, though. Nice job!

I have a 45 tall tank. It's got quite a bit of lr, but because it's so tall, it's hard to stack the rocks so high w/o risking an avalanche of rocks. So it looks bare. If you were to add more, you can make the base wider so you can do a taller pyramid, but glue the rocks together. For my 125g, I'm going to be holding the large rocks together by drilling holes and holding it together w/ pvc. My lfs does that to their clients' tanks when aquascaping...that way it's less likely to collapse, but not permanent.

But I really like the layout, w/ the open "common area" in the middle.

I did that for my tangs to maximize the swimming area. Cant wait to set up my frag tank off to the side, Also, if I were to do it over i would plumb pvc thru the live rock and drill holes in it to make flow behind and thru the LR with a closed loop system.

Thank You very much. I like the looks of a tall tank because it is very comedearing in appearance.However cleaning the bottom third is tough. Since I made the canopy taller my lightsare off the water more so i can fit my 20" arm in there.

Back