FEEDBACK NEEDED: Sump Design

Goob

Reefing newb
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'll be building my sump next week and wanted to know what you guys thought of my design. I'd definitely like some feedback as this is a total outside-the-box thing for me to do myself. I want to make sure it's done well, and done right.

Here are a few tidbits that you need to know.

Tank: 75 gallon fish only tank. Will be doing corals in the future, but not until I move (at least a year).

Sump: Has to go in a 20G tall tank. I wanted to do a long tank, but there's no way I could fit it in my stand. I was able to fit the 20 G tall talk under my stand, and it's so tight that I can't even get it out unless I drain my tank and move it away from the wall.
  • Intake: I'd like to make this as small as possible to free up space for the refugium and return section.
  • Refugium: I am not interested in using a deep sand bed here. I would just like to use Chaeto and live rock in this area.
  • Return: I have a Mag 5 that I'll be using. I do have questions on this piece because I don't know if this area should be big or small. I'd like to be able to have enough room to prevent overflow with a power outage, but I also want to make sure it'll be easy to fill up with water if needed. Filling up my tank from the top isn't a hassle or bad, so I'm not sure how important this size of the return really is.
All feedback is greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• Mock Sump Deisgn.png
    Mock Sump Deisgn.png
    160.3 KB · Views: 1,488
Back