Equipment?

Tanner

Tanerious Swimeroundus
Wow you guys must be getting annoyed at all my threads. Anyway I was just wondering if anyone can post up some good heaters pumps, sumps, protein filters and their prices. Sorry for so many questions just wanna make sure i have a healthy good looking tank :) Thanks!

Wow you guys must be getting annoyed at all my threads.

Nope! We like to hear ourselves...type :11::12:?

Anyway I was just wondering if anyone can post up some good heaters pumps, sumps, protein filters and their prices. Sorry for so many questions just wanna make sure i have a healthy good looking tank :) Thanks!

Heater: haven't really seen any talk about which heater is better than the other...but I have seen some inline heaters that look bitchin'...I'll have to find a link later

Pumps: Seems like people here like Maxijet, I use a rio 2500 with my skimmer and it's pretty darn powerful

Sumps: make your own...get a tank that'll fit in your DT's display stand for cheap and go from there

Protein filter(Skimmer): looking for hang on back or other?

You didn't list this, but Powerhead's: I like my Koralia 3 from Hydor, got it for $60, but the power head you get, size, and price will depend on the size of your tank and what you want to do with it

Thanks guys , and how do i make my own sump? haha and for the protein skimmer i would like to have like a hidden one

You should also check out the thread I made here: https://www.livingreefs.com/advice-set-up-plz-t20142.html where I was given a boatload of info on sumps and plumbing. I personally plan to design mine according to the drawing by zissou (thanks again zissou!) On page 4. Also, you should google melev's reef who's site is often referred to as the internet meccah of dyi sump builds. Unfortuantely, pretty much all of the pre built sumps I have found on the internet are built for stone age marine aquarium technology (ie: bio wheel departments) and are disgustingly overpriced so even the non-handyman like myself who doesn't own a hammer is steering towards building my own. Also, reef octopus skimmers seemd to be mentioned as the way to go as far as which protein skimmer is recommended over and over again by the experienced hobbyist.

sumps are easy here is mine i made with my old 50gal tank. there has been a few changes since this pic but still about the same. for a return pump i use a rio hyperflow 17 very good pump

08-16-08_1804.jpg

yep they were there but are not anymore i used them to stop all the air bubbles from the water comming over the baffle. now i use a peice of filter floss.alnong with my ato i can not have all the balls in there

When you had them did you have any problems with nitrates? And how often did you clean them? (I have them in my sump in a large media bag and don't clean them very often. My nitrates seem to be a bit high now)

to be honest in my old tank i had them and never cleaned them and in this tank they were there in there for about 5 months but my nitrates were always 0 and still are 0

Wow you guys must be getting annoyed at all my threads. Anyway I was just wondering if anyone can post up some good heaters pumps, sumps, protein filters and their prices. Sorry for so many questions just wanna make sure i have a healthy good looking tank :) Thanks!

I actually don't mind :P

I'm new to all of this and been lurking for a week or two, so you're doing all the work for me by making these threads :D

we just like to help everyone enjoy this hobby. i know that if i killed a lot of fish and spent thousands of dollars on a tank to have tons of problems and it looked like crap i would give up. my goal as i am shure are others on this site is to help everyone succed and learn from each others mistakes

Haha awesome. Hey what do you guys think of 45 dollars for a power head? is that good? If that seems ridiculously wrong I may be wrong about the product haha.

Back