detrius

Notice all those black caves? Their great for hiding power heads:D
P1000148.jpg

You can see the placement of 3 of the koralias.
With some thought,you can hide the powerheads real easy,and still be able to remove them for cleaning.Thats also another reason I like to hand pick my rock.It allows me to pick the rocks that will do what I need em too.
Extra power strips come in handy too,as does a couple of seperate electrical circuits.
But there are other ways to get the same amount of flow with fewer pumps.Although they are more expensive.Actually researching a couple right now,like the Vortechs and tunze wave makers.

Biff, thanks for the advice with the frozen food! My fish LOVED it. I put what I thought was a tiny bit in, but it was a little bit much actually. This stuff's going to last a while I guess!

My clown fish went crazy eating everything, I think he was hungry!

Biff, thanks for the advice with the frozen food! My fish LOVED it. I put what I thought was a tiny bit in, but it was a little bit much actually. This stuff's going to last a while I guess!

My clown fish went crazy eating everything, I think he was hungry!

You're welcome! It's healthier for them, and they seem to like the taste better. It does last a while, it's compressed into a cube which makes it look smaller when it's frozen. But once you thaw it out, you can more accurately measure how much you need to use at a time. A lot of people will thaw a cube out in water, use some, and put the rest in the fridge until they need it the next time. That way it's ready to go for you.

Back