dead return pump

Pwny

Reefing newb
alright so my sumps return pump whent out i hooked a airstone+air pump up to my main tank and also im about to move the heater to the top tank. if i cant find a local store with the pump i need tomarow afternoon then ill have to wait untill tuesday to get maild one. will my fish/inverts/coral be alright with there water not getting filtered through the sump for 5 days?

Should be fine as long as you have other water movement.

What is wrong with your pump? Is it buzzing and trying to work? Did you try cleaning it out soaking the parts in vinegar? It could be just a stuck impeller.

its been makeing abnomaly loud sound for past few weeks and was having troble primeing during a water change but today i was watching tv and i hear putt putt puttt nothing lol. ive tryed cleaning it and i think the pump motor i think wasent properly secured and was causeing it to shake around in the pump but i think it just kicked it, i was thinking of trying a quiet one pump but i missed the overnight cutoff for friday. powerheads are still up and running in the main tank so there is still flow

it was a sicce 4.0 and it's only been 3 months and ive had a lot of problems with it, its never been run dry or anything ether thats why im just looking to try somthing new just need a 1inch outlet

it was a sicce 4.0 and it's only been 3 months and ive had a lot of problems with it, its never been run dry or anything ether thats why im just looking to try somthing new just need a 1inch outlet

Any manufacturers warranty? It may be a pain, but it free. If anything you can buy a new pump, have the old one replaced via warranty and have it for a backup. Good luck!

Back