coralline..?/????

i put one of my rocks that had alot of coralline i bit higher so it can transfer some coralline...and it started to fade away.....coralline does grow but only were theres not that much light or in the lower part of the tank..

I don't get any coraline growth under my 250w MH either, on the undersides of the rock and the sides of the tank I get a lot of coraline growing. I don't think it grows well under such bright lighting.

If your light is very white, it doesnt grow nearly as well where the light is bluer. The blue wavelengths penetrate the water deeper which is why the coraline is growing towards the bottom of your tank and not at the top, the top of your water column is getting too much white light

I had exactly the same thing happen. MH light, if it gets too close to coralline, will bleach it. Blue light 420nm will make it grow like crazy.

I don't get any coraline growth under my 250w MH either, on the undersides of the rock and the sides of the tank I get a lot of coraline growing. I don't think it grows well under such bright lighting.

i've noticed on mine as well. The coraline doesn't like bright light. The more shaded area are more purple in my tank. However, no mine, the undersides gets almost no purple thou. It does need light, just not a lot.

What?? $100 per bulb? You're looking in the wrong places then, I got my bulbs for about $55 a piece.

Back