Carbon

Yah I know that it said to run it all the time but I have never liked the affects. Just like some people say u need bio balls. Personaly I hate bio balls and now have nothing to do with them

yea, when i first set up this tank and my little fuge, i put pinballs in the input section of the fuge, but now that the tank is up and running and has been for months, when we moved the tank saturday, i took them out of the fuge.. just looked like they were trapping crap and algae.

i figured it would get rid of a potential nitrate factory... now all i gotta do is finish up the new sump and get it installed.. i cant wait, adding 30 gallons of volume to my system should help stabalize it all that much more, so hopefully i wont need the canister or carbon any more...

I am still running carbon in my frag tank 24/7 and changing it every 3 days. No fish in that tank.

I do run it once a month on the 30g display but only for 24 - 48hrs and then it gets dumped. Only 1 fish in that tank.

i got so busy last night with the calling of thw water company and the sump and everything else that i totally forgot to pull the carbon out of my filter... oh well, nothing i can do about it now.

Back