Can't stabailize my water flows

I can't imagine that adding water to your sump would affect the level of water in your display tank. Have you tried adding the water back into the sump? Did the level in the display rise again once the water was added back in to the sump?

To find the perfect overflow level for your sump you may want to try the following: (1) Drain your sump until the water level is just over your pumps (don't let your pumps run dry); (2) turn your entire system off and let it drain into your sump; (3) fill your sump all the way to the brim; (4) turn your system back on--the water level in your sump will drop; (5) immediately you’re your sump’s water level with a permanent marker of piece of tape. So long as you do not fill the tank above that mark, you should not have to worry about your sump overflowing.

To answer your question, yes, I did put the water back into my sump, and yes, the water in the display tank rose again. Likewise, when I added some more rock, I was expecting to have to remove some of my water to account for displacement. However, I didn't have to remove a drop as my sump absorbed the amount of displaced water.

In terms of a permanent marker.....we've become BFF over the last few days, though I've switched to a dry-erase. Eventually, I put the marker away. I let the sump level continue to rise, and it found it's own happy place. I marked that level, then did a few test runs to see what would happen if my power failed and to see if I would overflow. When my tests were done, I let the system run and the sump filled back up to the line I had marked. Went to bed last night with the entire system running all night long for the first time and all was well this morning.

Running 4 days now with no floods! Thanks everyone!

Attachments

• final setup.webp
    final setup.webp
    33.8 KB · Views: 155
Congratulations:D
But you know it gonna happen.Your not a reefer untill you've had at least ONE flood :mrgreen:

Back