Bought the last of my LR today!!!

Picasso

Seahorse Whisperer
I finally got the rest of my LR in my tank! Spent the afternoon arranging the rocks. I've got bunches of little holes, ledges and hideaway spots. The top of the rocks are only about 4 inches from the water line but I think it's going to work nice. Now I can put my pavona right up next to the lights! I think it will look nice all covered with hair in a couple of weeks.

Catherine

Here's a shot of my tank. You can see JoJo in her new spot and Yucca on the top soaking in the light. Also, my new coral (don't know what it it but it's pretty) on the top right. All of my fish are visable, Gus- the clown is at the top and Gilgamesh and Enkidu are front center. I don't want any more fish except a little goby would be nice to stir up my sand. My shrimp- Shiva and Ganesh are hiding in back and my two sea-cucumbers: Loofah and Loofah are hiding in the cave behind Elfie (green shrooms) on the bottom of the big rock on the left you can just barely see one in the darkness. I'm thinking I'm done with LR for a long time! Working on my coral list!

new-rock.jpg

Here's a close-up of the new coral. I've got it in very high light and good strong flow. Do they like that?

new-coral.jpg

Last edited:
I could use feedback, did I stack everything correctly? Is there enough rock? Too much? None of the rock touches the side or back. There are about 4-5 small holes that the firefish like to wiggle through. Lots of ledges but they're dark, is that ok? I know I want a nice nano-rock on the front left, want some pulsing xenia's, want LOTS OF COLORS! Can't wait for a Kenya Tree (just joking yote!) I found some leathers at my LFS that I love but they're cream and white colored, I want rich yellows, reds, blues...... bursting with color corals that are not extremely aggressive and don't need halide lights. any suggestions?

Catherine

Thats some nice looking rock Catherine.And the stacking looks great too.But of course,you'll end up changing it 100 times or more before your actually happy with it.

The aquascaping looks great Picasso.The arch looks super and looks like there will be plenty of space for more corals later.

The cynarina might be better lower.On the sand bed to midway up.It looks just too close to the top,it may bleach.

Back