BEST sandcleaner?

Conchs and nassarius are the best, but I doubt they will keep it fully clean. They will help a lot though. I had conches and they did the most however a crab got the best of them. My nassarius are cool to, however they only get the top of the sand when food is added to the tank, because that seems to be the only time they come out. The conch on the other had went in and out of the sand all the time.

You can get conchs small, like 1 inch. I have 4 conchs -- two red footed, and two queens. They are all between 1 and 2 inches long, and I've had them for years and years.

for your size tank 3 tonga nassarus and half dozen small nassarus, what would work out great is two spot gobie/twinspot, its a small sandsifting gobie cool little guys great for small tanks.

Mine were 2 1/2 inches each and I had two in a 30 L for almost a year before they got eaten along with all my other snails.

my sleeper gold head goby keeps my sand nice and white...the downfall is that he likes to stack the sand up high in the front of the tank and I have to constantly scoot the sand back in place (I dont want a foot of sand in the front of the tank). I dont know if a goby would be good for a 30 gal since the ones that typically clean sand require a 50 gal or more size tank.

Does that two spot goby stay on the sand or does he pick up the sand and then spread it all over your corals and rocks?

that is only one i have had that doesn't spread it all over rocks and corals but these are small gobies, would do to much for a big tank over 75 gallon.

Back