Best Bulbs for Nova Extreme T5?

drm180

Reefing newb
I'm going to be buying new bulbs for my Nova Extreme T5 4x24w. I've been using the SlimPaq bulbs that it came with. Are there some that are better? Which ones?

On marinedepot.com I only see 4 colors, Aquablue Special (15000K), Blue Plus, True Actinic, and Purple Plus. Are the 15K okay or can I find 10K somewhere? Maybe 2 of these Aquablue Special and Blue Plus?

I'm going to go with the ATIs. A person from Marine Depot reccommended 2 Blue Plus, 1 Aquablue Special, and 1 Purple Plus.

I guess that it's like 2 actinics and 2 full spectrum about 15K with more blue tones (Aquablue Special) and more red tones (Purple Plus). Does this combo sound okay. It seems like it will be very blue to me but i don't know if it will be too much.

Not sure how it would look for ya. However, I just picked up 2 Geisemann AquaBlue + and 2 Geisemann Pure Actinics and my corals fluorescence has doubled, tripled even!! It's pretty wild. I have the Actinics come on first, which gives off kind of a retro purple look. Then the AquaBlue + bulbs fire and make the tank a night light, dark blue. I like the look, may not be to some peoples liking but... To each their own.

Good luck!

Back