auto top off systems

here i have a couple but they are the sme setup on both tanks
big tank
001-28.jpg

005-22.jpg

75gal tank 50 gal sump
002-5.jpg

It's a Reef Fanatic ATO system.Cheap,reliable and has never failed me in the two years its being running.The aqualifter pumps water from a resevoir to the sump when the 2 float valves goes below a certain level.

P8251140.jpg

I have the dual switch setup from www.autotopoff.com.

These are the 2 switches in the sump. If the lower 1 fails and the water rises, the 2nd switch higher up will cut the power to the pump.
ato1_5-09.jpg

This is my water storage container. Water from the RO/DI comes in thru the float valve on the right. That also shuts off the RO so the container doesn't overflow. The powerhead is plugged into the ATO controller and turns on when the water drops the switch in the sump.
ato2_5-09.jpg

This is the whole setup.
ato3_5-09.jpg

ato4_5-09.jpg

ahhh, i like that setup Ccap... pretty close to the way i did mine on my 75... only i didnt have a level controller, i just used a timer to run the pump(like your powerhead) and then i had another float valve in the sump at the end of that pump... so the pump only ran for 2 min 8 times a day, every 3 hours... and the float valve actually controlled the level...

not the "best" but it worked and i was able to use mostly junk i had around here...

Back