AquaticLife T5 HO 4-Lamp Light Fixtures w/ Lunar LEDs

reefnoob

Reefing newb
Reaction score
Anyone ever use this light before: AquaticLife T5 HO 4-Lamp Light Fixtures w/ Lunar LEDs? It comes with (2) 24" T5 HO 24W 420/460 Lamps, (2) 24" T5 HO 24W 700+ Lamps, (2) 1W Lunar LED`s. Are these lights good? How long do they last? Are they good for corals? Are they good for fish? I'm ordering from marine depot. Here is the link: AquaticLife T5 HO 4-Lamp Light Fixtures w/ Lunar LEDs

Is the fixture good? I want lights that help both my coral and fish thrive. Based on the reviews, it seems pretty good.

Aquatic Life is a good fixture. They are a great company with top notch customer service. Most likely you will sant to change bulbs depending on your color preference. Also what size tank is it going over?

On a 90, like Chichi said, you want at least 6 bulbs. And that fixture is a 24" anyway.

I'm glad you brought this up!

I'm looking to upgrade my 90's lighting. I would LOVE an 8 lamp unit. 6 would be great though. One small issue that I have to deal with though. Due to the size of my "hood" I need either a unit that is 46" wide or smaller OR a unit that is slimmer than 2 5/8 inches. I have seen some advertised as being 2 1/2 inches thick, but it reality they are slightly thicker. Even 2, 3 bulb units (if they even exist) would work for me no matter what the thickness. I just have a support in the center that can't be moved.

As always, price is an issue too. I gotta go low budget with mine!

On the website it said that I could get a 48 inch long fixture. If 6 lights or more are better, what kind would you suggest I get? I want it for corals and fish. Maybe a night time light would be a plus. Maybe someone can link to me to some lights?

6 bulbs is sufficient for a 90. 4 bulbs, unfortunately is not. 8 bulbs is overkill, IMO.

On my 90, I used a Current Nova Extreme Pro (6 bulbs, individual reflectors, 48" long).

I will consider the Current Nova Extreme Pro. How much time do you use for the different lights on there?
Anyone know of any other lights?

I just turn them on and off at the same time. I never bothered to stagger them. I kept them on for about 12 hours a day. I did not use the stock bulbs that came with it though, I replaced them with a better combo/quality.

By "stock bulbs", do you mean the ones the fixture came with? What bulbs do you normally use?

Yeah, the Nova comes with 6 bulbs -- three daylight, three actinic. When fixtures come with bulbs, they usually aren't great quality or a great color combination. They work just fine, but when you get the money and you feel like upgrading to a better brand of bulbs, you will see a big difference in the appearance of the tank.

Ok, about how much do you think a quality bulb would cost? Do you think I should maybe change that combo to 4 daylight and 2 actinic?

Look at ReefGeek > Aquarium Supplies for Marine, Reef, and Saltwater Aquariums. There are many more choices than "daylight" and "actinic". I used a combination of ATI Blue Plus, KZ Purple, ATI 10K and ATI Aqua Blue Specials for my tank. I don't remember the prices, but you'll have to check on that.

Like I said, the stock bulbs work fine, but after a while you will want something nicer looking. :)

Back