Aquaeurousa chiller not working?

RikiTiki

Reefing newb
I was wondering if anyone uses one of these chillers. I've had the 1/10 hp model hooked up for two days now. It goes dark for hours at a time. It seems to be keeping the tank cool but I'm not sure if its just the cool weather we are having. I emailed the retailer but have not got a response. I woke up this morning and the display is on, was on for several hours. The compressor kicked on once during the morning. Got home from work and its dark again. Even if you press the buttons, nothing happens. Does anyone have any idea if this thing is acting normal? Thanks for any help.

Never used a chiller, but what make is it? And is your tanks temp stable does it fluctuate?? Do you have a heater?? I know stupid questions but you never know!! ;)

Hello and Welcome!

I would say that something is wrong with it. But as Waddi mentioned, very few of us actually need chillers. A simple desktop fan clipped to the top of the tank works wonders for cooling it down if you are having time issues.

If the display is going out then its an electrical problem.. Try to unplug the display from the harness, and plug it back in. Check all plugs and connectors you see inside it. (unplug from the wall og course!) Then see if it works. Also, trick of the trade, a hard smack on the cabinet side and see what that does, thats the best lose wire tester there is. Its probably not a problem in the refrigerant circuit. Remember, a chiller cools the tank by heating the room its in, so the heat stays right there. Central a/c and a fan are the best, unless you dont have a/c in the house, then expect the tank to heat up, but a surface fan works wonders.

Maybe you are drawing too much power from one socket?? so when another machine takes a break it starts up?? Or does that not happen over here?? Does in England!! :D

Back