anenome question

How's the nem doing queenangel? Have you tried to feed it? Has it attached to any rock? I think if it has enough light, feeding shouldn't have to take place too often. Go to this website. Karen is, as far as I'm concerned, an anemone expert (if there can be such a thing). Also, depending on the type of clown you have, that could be a BAD thing rather than good. Like in my case, my maroon clown battered and buffeted one of my roses to death, literally. I still have the splitting of it though, and it's doing ok for now. It crawled to a place behind the rocks where the clown can't get to it. HTH

How's the nem doing queenangel? Have you tried to feed it? Has it attached to any rock? I think if it has enough light, feeding shouldn't have to take place too often. Go to this website. Karen is, as far as I'm concerned, an anemone expert (if there can be such a thing). Also, depending on the type of clown you have, that could be a BAD thing rather than good. Like in my case, my maroon clown battered and buffeted one of my roses to death, literally. I still have the splitting of it though, and it's doing ok for now. It crawled to a place behind the rocks where the clown can't get to it. HTH

He is finally staying in one place all day today. He did nibble a little on a piece of shrimp also. My clown is a false percula and still has not even went by it. So far so good. Thanks for the info!! wish I knew what kind of anem it is. Any good sites to find out that you know about?

can you get a picture of it? does it have "bubbly" tip, does it look like a carpet?

I will try a picture. not sure if it will work though.

Attachments

• IMG00041.jpg
    IMG00041.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 158
I think Dustins right.It looks like a Seba anemone.Their considered to be one of the more difficult anemones to keep,but not impossible.Just great quality water and stable parameters and it should do alright.

Can you get a pic of the foot? Or see what color it is. That doesn't really look like a sebae to me..and I've had mine for about 5-6 years. Could be a long tentacle anemone.

Any good sites to find out that you know about?[/quote]

Did you go to Karen's site? It's for bubble tips but a lot of good info there for general anemone keeping. I really can't tell what yours is without a closer pic, also with the foot like capt mentioned.

the reason curing live rock smells so bad is because it has a very bad smell,

Dude...Dustin...Did you just really say that or am I having a freaking brain fart. I am now dumber for having read it. Stop...think...then type. If this was the best I could come up with I would just stop talking. I am just playing dude but come on, you can admit that was bad.

I don't think he took it out of context. You introduce the sentence with "The reason curing live rock smells so bad..." but then you don't go on to give a reason. What is the reason curing live rock smells so bad? The answer to that is not "because it has a bad smell," "it smells like a garbage dump or dirty diapers," or "the smell lingers for weeks." None of what you said is a reason why curing live rock smells so bad.

i typed that at 1 in the morning so i think we can chalk it up to being tired

We have all been there ... and some of us even type when we have been enjoying our favorite beverages a bit too much (this isn't the case for me at the moment ... subject to change of course:mrgreen:).

Back