anemone help

chemjoey

Reefing newb
hey guys my clowns havnt hosted my anemon and im affraid its gonna die on me so what can i feed it to help it live and how often? its a BTA

Nems don't need clowns to host them. I actually had a clown kill an awesome sebae anemome(see avatar). What kind of lighting do you have? How about water parameters? Nems need very specific living conditions.

Last edited:
If your clowns aren't feeding it, you should feed it yourself two or three times a week. If it's hungry, its tentacles will be sticky and it will take the food from you. If it's not hungry (or if it's sick or dying) the tentacles will not be sticky and the food will just float away.

You can feed it anything meaty, like krill, squid, scallops, shrimp, or any frozen fish foods.

If you do not have the proper lighting or excellent water quality, feeding the anemone will not be enough to keep it alive.

nems can be a bit tricky. they do need a lot of light. feeding them is needed if your clowns won't feed it. Good luck with it. if it makes you feel better, BTAs are the easiest of the nems to keep

-Doc

Back