Air pumps!!

Air pumps and saltwater dont mix well, they just create salt creep which sucks basically. A skimmer and water movement in your tanks should create enough gas exchange to keep things just fine.

Air pumps are for freshwater not saltwater. Please answer Reeffreak's question as to what you want to use one for, and we'll point you in the direction of the correct saltwater counterpart. You don't want air bubbles in your tank. They are harmful to fish and inverts.

I think i need more than a protein skimmer in a saltwater fish only tank. All i have is live rock and live sand as of right now. I just want to be ready for when i get fish, this is my second tank. I talked to pet warehouse and they said that i should use a hang on filter and a bio wheel 100 included with the protein skimmer.

My protein skimmer is a Seaclone Protein Skimmer is that a good one or a bad one. I know octopus ones are really good but pet warehouse doesnt seell those! Thanks for your input!!

Pet warhouse is a pet center online drsfostersmith.com Its a place to get all your pets needs everything you can think of for any pet.

All I have in my 75g FOWLR is a sump/fuge with a skimmer and it works fine. I would upgrade out of Seaclone and get an octopus. They're worth their weight in gold. Also invest in a good and varied cleaning crew. Good luck.

You should get a couple powerheads. Those will move the water around. You do need more flow in your tank than just a SeaClone skimmer. You shouldn't have bought the SeaClone. It's a waste of money. They just don't work well. You'd be better off researching things before you buy them, so that way you don't regret your purchase later on and have wasted the money.

You should get 2 MaxiJet powerheads. They are inexpensive and work well. You do not need the biowheel or other filter types. A protein skimmer and live rock are fine. Other filter types can lead to water quality problems.

I wanted to get a air pump to put more air into the water but want i really need is a couple of maxijets for more moment in my tank!!

Back