About to order sustrate hurry!!!

phastroh

Do Not Listen To Me!!!
zYeah so I want to get the Caribsea Oolite but the have the Agromax or the Arag-Alive.

They both are supposed to be live but I cannot find the actual difference in the 2.

I also read it was really fine sand(agromax) but the arag-alive is .5-1 so isn't that tiny as well.

there is no reason for you to have to pay the expense of putting live sand in your tank..
it will become live over time anyway... could just put sand in like this
Sand

I have 80lbs in my current tank but I was only going to use some of it on top of whatever I buy. Not poured all over but in certain areas for the look of larger substrate near some of the rock.

I really like the color of some of the bagged sand. If I was going to use the Marco I would get some rock for extra there.

Does anyone have this sand in their tank. It looks very fine compared to some of the Caribsea I have seen.

The sand from Marco Rocks is very oolithic, and its hard for me to keep it from blowing around my tank. I need more flow, but the sand just whips around the tank

I have that sand in my 150 with about 50 times per hour movement and my 45 with about 40 times per hour with no troubles. try pointing the heads a little more to the surface?

I hate to say it but this isn't the first post I read about that sand flying around. I guess it is just typical but not all the time.

I think I will buy Fiji Pink. What can I say I want to spend the extra $100...not.

Back