5g tank.

OceanCrazy

Reefing newb
Hey reefers, just wanted to ask if there are any fish that would live in a 5g tank?
I got my bro to start a 5g tank to see if he will get into salt and change his 50g fresh.
(like its not addictive lol).

I could see maybe a clown goby or one of those tiny blue cleaner gobies and some sexy shrimp in a 5 gallon. I have not had success keeping a clown goby myself. They end up starving, I believe, in my larger system.
I would not recommend a mandarin. Their minimum tank requirement is 20 gallons and they need an established tank. I would not recommend these for someone just starting out. Dragonettes can be difficult.

I wouldnt put a mandarine in a 5 gal tank even with lots of experience, in fact that seems much worse to me because they are active fish and like to move around and any experienced hobbiest would know that.

You could put a baby clown in there and then he would have to upgrade in a year or two.

Ty all for your help.
Lol we went to a lfs and he went crazy and said thats it i am doing th 50g and keep the 5g for something else.

I probably wouldn't use a powerhead in a 5 gallon tank. Even the small ones would be too much flow, and just as important -- would take up way too much space. I would use a small HOB filter for flow.

Back