57g rimless aka "the mistress"

a small update got the ato hooked up. changed it up a lil. still have the jbj ato but the aqualifter pump was broken so i got a maxi jet 400 which is going to work great. figure just pull the tubing out to mix in some kalk overnight and then plug it back in and dose. nitrite are up to .025ppm so the cycle is moving along. got the leak on the frag tank to stop finally. everything is looking pretty good.

Not much of an update but the nitrites are up to 1ppm which is good. The AC went out on Thursday so the tank as been pretty much like this the last few days. I'm so glad it's just cycling and it's empty. This would scare everyone who looks on there apex and saw this on the temp probe. AC should be fixed on Tuesday because of Labor Day. And of course a nice $4500 later.
null_zps05bbfbec.png

null_zps21e77616.png

Wow harsh temp :( indeed its a scary thing to have such a heat problem damn ac hope it will not derail you to much bro

Thanks bro. It's either selling time or selling something on the black market. Lol need to get $4600. Lucky enough my mom as excellent credit and I can put it on a card until August 2014 with 0% apr. there goes my tax return. So it'll be a pair of clowns in the tank for quite some time.

Clowns are good and never fear man things happen and I may be able to send you a monti cap care package once the new ac is in and temp levels out.

the blower motor went and the contactor is pitted. i didnt want to dump $1000 into the unit went it was installed in 2001. so we just bought another one. sucks but hopefully the power bill will be cheaper.

well, the a/c is fixed and the house is a nice 78 again. now time for some updates.
found brackets for the tek fixture. so i wont be hanging the fixture anymore. also found a killer deal on a tunze ato so i went ahead and upgraded my ato. went ahead and made a screen top for the 57 tonight and came out pretty good. just incase i want a few wrasse or what not. added a bag of algagen copepods with a shot of rotifer to help cycle and to start getting some pods in the tank.
todays parameters were ammonia 0, nitrites .25ppm, and nitrates 15-20ppm. so, today i went and got a couple small pieces of live rock to spread some coralline and some cheato to get the nitrates down cycle should be done this week or next. now for some pics.
fts and bag of algagen
IMG_8146_zpsaf6d4bfa.jpg

fts of today small piece of live rock
IMG_8162_zps4ff6b5ee.jpg

IMG_8180_zps3c5413d1.jpg

DIY screen top and brackets for fixture
IMG_8169_zpsa7b55fc3.jpg

tunze ato
IMG_8178_zpsc7a87e17.jpg

some fuge pics couple top down pics
IMG_8172_zps383478d5.jpg

IMG_8175_zps29860620.jpg

IMG_8176_zpsd255a061.jpg

IMG_8185_zpsb103c68a.jpg

new fuge light
IMG_8183_zpse2361930.jpg

xp1000sss skimmer. figure i would start it up. looks great. cant wait to see what it'll pull out.
IMG_8187_zps999a50df.jpg

looking good bro cant wait to see this booming and the lvls are looking good as well
thanks bro. hopefully that cheato will bring the nitrates down to 0. probably get a pair of clowns this weekend or whenever i sell the jbj ato. thanks again for the killer deal marinne13. im loving the tunze ato.

well, heres a list of fish i'm looking at getting. not in this order but something to figure out now.
57g plans
pair of black ice clowns or extreme fance snowflakes
pair of banggai cardinals
trio of 1 male 2 female of lyretail anthias or
some wrasse not to sure on which ones
one of these: tang kole eye, bristletooth tomini, squareback bristletooth, or a whitetail bristletooth

30g list
pair of black misbar clowns
pair of banggai cardinal
yellow or sailfin tang (algae eater)
pest eating wrasse not sure which one yet.

thanks bro. hopefully that cheato will bring the nitrates down to 0. probably get a pair of clowns this weekend or whenever i sell the jbj ato. thanks again for the killer deal marinne13. im loving the tunze ato.

No problem, hopefully it helps your tank and inhabitants stay happy!!!

well, we've broke ground. first coral into the tank. parameter were all good except po4 which was .013 time for some gfo. doser is on the way and should have some fish in there next week. a friend has a red planet, blue digi, and mille for when i'm ready and another friend as king midas, sunny d's, and fruit loop for sale with chili pepper monti and mystic sunset monti. can't wait.
duncan $8
IMG_8221_zps2248ad2c.jpg

IMG_8224_zps58c83011.jpg

frogspawn $8
IMG_8226_zps7ffbca8d.jpg

IMG_8226_zps7ffbca8d.jpg

Back