55 Gallon

SSalty

Team Liquid Force
I will have to say this is by far the funnest hobby that I have ever picked up. I love the challenge that goes along with it. A guy from a local pet store is helping me along the way and on top of that I just picked up an Aquarium Keeping class that they offer at my college. We get to do work on the teachers 125 gallon with lots of fish and corals. I am learning loads of information. Anyways here is my 55 gallon. A very simple setup as of now which is good. I have a Tomato Clown, a Blue Damsel, 8 crabs, and I am picking up my peppermint shrimp today. The tank also has 30 pounds of live rock along with a little mushroom coral. I will be adding more live rock pretty soon and more coral when I am ready as well as the tank. Right now my Ph is at 8.2, Ammonia is around .4, Nitrite 0, and Nitrate 30. I am going to do a partial water change is a few days and will also be changing the crushed coral to sand. Here are a few pics, the water is a little cloudy because I took these pics a few hours after we moved the take from the guys house I bought it from to mine.
DSC00706.jpg

DSC00707.jpg

DSC00712.jpg

I'd recommend getting your ammonia down to zero and nitrates below 20 before you add a shrimp or any type of coral. They are more sensitive than fish, and nitrates and ammonia will kill shrimp fast.

Back