Where's my cleaner?

UnderwaterWorld

Reef enthusiast
So around Friday I noticed that my cleaner shrimp was no where to be found :shock: I know that they molt, but I still don't see him anywhere and before he would always be easy to find.

Help? :)

What else is in the tank? Maybe something ate it. Sorry I don't know what their preditors are, but someone will. He could be hidding in your tank. How big is your tank?

It's 12 gallon but it has a ton of rock and small places to hide

I had an anenome, but it just perished, I got it for free so don't lecture me about getting one too early

and I have a brittle starfish
2 percula clowns
and a mix of hermits and snails

If your shrimp died,then your clean up probably did its job and ate it.
A brittle star will make short work of any thing that dies in your tank.

I dont think anyones here to lecture, but more like warn or try to save you the headace, although sometimes it seems like a lecture. Sorry about your nem, and shimp if he got ate. I hope you find him.

Molting will usually take place over night.
Then the shrimp would stay back in the rock for MAYBE 24 hours,then be back out the next night.

I dont think anyones here to lecture, but more like warn or try to save you the headace, although sometimes it seems like a lecture. Sorry about your nem, and shimp if he got ate. I hope you find him.

Bobbys right.We dont try to lecture,just save you head aches and money.

Bobbys right.We dont try to lecture,just save you head aches and money.

yea i know thanks

I just said that because you guys had told me to wait for an anenome but the lfs guy gave it to me when i bought the clowns so I took it...

my hermits wouldn't have done anything to the shrimp right?

Shrimp are very sensitive to water parameters. Before you replace it, make sure you can keep your tank stable for another month. I don't think a tank being a few weeks old is long enough to support a shrimp.

Back