What's up with frogspawn?

clancaster23

Reefing newb
Noticed just in the last couple days that it appears that a branch of my frogspawn could be dying. Not sure why since I just tested today and everything is in good condition. The branch doesn't look dead yet and still has a few of the tentacles coming out of it but not sure if these will go too. Posting the best pics I can get of it without moving it just yet. I circled the effected area hopefully good enough for someone to identify the problem. Everything else in the tank is doing fine and I have had this guy since I started the tank so it sucks to see it going like this.

2012-06-01171633.jpg

2012-06-01171614.jpg

2012-06-01171602.jpg

2012-06-01171540.jpg

There is one above it, you can see a part of it in the first picture, but it doesn't hit it directly so I don't think it is causing a problem. I do have a second one on the other side of the tank but it broke two days ago and I have another one coming within the next week. Other than that, nothing out of the ordinary. Kind of a mystery to me because everything seems in good order, it's just having a fit.

Well I have watched it split a few times and never like this. It's even grown out the little stems from the bottom stalk but this doesn't look good to me.

I have had a frogspawn that did exactly the same thing, and if I could find my damn camera charger, I could show you! :p

But doesn't it usually bubble if it's splitting?? It has done that before so I have seen that before because it's done it a few times. This is totally new and it has never looked like this and just kind of worries me. I have a smaller frogspawn in the same that is actually bubbled once again and I know that it's splitting cause it has done it multiple times.

Back