what to add to refugium

d.french

Reef enthusiast
i got my refugium hang on built and running now i need advice from the pro's here so what would be good to put in it to keep it maintained. i got 3 to 4 inch sand bed like i have read about in helpful articles and have read about mangrove plants and other macro algaes, but what about critters. should i through in a couple of hermit crabs and some vibex snails two keep LR and sand bed clean. I found on ebay but not real comfortable about buying off there a place to buy micro starfish and spaghetti worms for refugium and also comes will macro algae a little kit for 40 bucks is that a good deal or is there a place to buy these little critters for refugium.

Thanks

I keep mangroves in my refugium, the only critters I have are snails, just to keep the glass clean. i dont guess theres any limitations to what you put in it as far as critters, you just dont want anything that will eat your copapods and amphipods. As for buying the stuff to start up, the only thing I would worry about buying is the caluerpa, and or mangroves. usually the caluerpa will come with some refuge critters anyway, but once the refuge settles the critters will come on there own. if you did want to add some beneficial critters check out reefnutrition.com they sell a bottle of live tigger pods that are real popular right now. good luck and keep us posted

well i know inland aquatics has packages for refugium been seeing if anyone close in here or reef central had micro stars or mini brittles and spaghetti worms, things good to have in refugium. Since the multiply quickly just hoping to find some. Been racking up credit card to much buying online.

Back