What kind of fish?

04audia4

Reefing newb
Received off my friend today who got it off someone who disassembled their tank. can someone id it for me? I think its a wrasse or hawkfish? thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 2012-07-02_19-09-08_344.jpg
    2012-07-02_19-09-08_344.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 583
I hope you don't have him in your 30 gallon tank - its 1/5th of the tank size that it needs...

You shouldn't get in the habit of taking fish you can't identify, because that means you have no clue what its care requirements are

Received off my friend today who got it off someone who disassembled their tank. can someone id it for me? I think its a wrasse or hawkfish? thanks in advance!
I'm sorry to say but that tank is too small and they aren't reef compadtible when they become adults.

I agree. I dont know what i will do. My friend didn't have room in his 55. I only keep 2 fish in that 30 gallon and now him. He's doing alright. I'd imagine he gets half of what he gets in the wild.

You should take him to a pet store, at least then maybe someone with an appropriate tank may buy him.

You putting him in your tank would be like me putting you in one of those airplane animal crates, and never letting you out. Its kinda mean.

yes, well, thats why i wanted to id him, the original buyer i think had a 70 gallon or so, hes off in the service now and my friend has a 55 gallon and inherited his fish. this one fish in particular was uncomfortable in his 55 as his load is nearly full. my 30 gallon only has a maroon clown and royal dottyback in it ... and now this one. Ive never done this as i've always kept 1 to 3 fish in my 30 gallon, and i knew what fish I've had (mccorsker wrasse,6-8 line wrasses,clownfish,dottyback,basslet...).

He is now Happily at Fintastic Aquariums in Manchester CT. 15$ store credit and assurance he will find a final good home! Thanks for all the help! best of Luck to all friends who helped Saddleback out.

Back