What do you feed?

PufferGuy

Reefing newb
Im using Marine Cuisine right now for my six line and coral beauty. I also use garlic extract every once in a while to boost up immune system and all. I do have the Omega One sheets of algae but i havent used that lately. Should I? Also what else do you guys feed? And do you use any kind of mineral enrichment? If so what kind?

Marine Cuisine with some Selcon every other day.
And the days in between i feed Coral Frenzy for my corals.

But I'm going to pic up some Rod's food this weekend and start using that for everything as soon as I finish the marine cuisine.

You don't need to feed the algae sheets unless you have herbivorous fish. The wrasse and angel are omnivorous/carnivorous, so the seaweed isn't necessary (they may not even want to eat it). A mix of frozen foods is best. Other good ones are mysis, krill, cyclopeeze, Rod's Food, Emerald Entree, enriched brine, bloodworms, tubifex worms, etc. I feed a few different types every feeding and rotate through.

Right now I use frozen mysis every feeding (usually every three days). However, I think it would be good to mix it up. However, I wouldn't bother with enrichments if the fish are eating well.

Marine Crusine, saltwater multi-pack, and DT's live marine phytoplankton...I feed every other day...F.Y.I., that garlic extract out of the bottle doesn't help their immune system, it just stimulates their hunger.

Marine Crusine, saltwater multi-pack, and DT's live marine phytoplankton...I feed every other day...F.Y.I., that garlic extract out of the bottle doesn't help their immune system, it just stimulates their hunger.
i believe that the kent garlic xtreme does in fact boost the immune system

thats what i got the Kent. I just read that if you feed with mineral enrichment they have better colors and retain them for longer.

I feed the following. Mysis,emerald entree,krill, plankton, lots of algae sheets. Plus I have some of the varity packs.

mysis,live brine with selcon,emerald entree,rods food,rods and cyclop eezee for the corals.all and algae sheets with selcon and garlic.

Back