what do I have

valdds

Reefing newb
Can anyone tell me what all I have? I don't think my skimmer works anymore. Don't know what kind it is. It used to make a fine spray of bubbles, now it makes large bubble like when you blow air into a straw in a glass and no fine mist.

Attachments

• tank 006 (Small).webp
    tank 006 (Small).webp
    30.4 KB · Views: 190
  • tank 005 (Small).webp
    tank 005 (Small).webp
    20.4 KB · Views: 177
  • tank 004 (Small).webp
    tank 004 (Small).webp
    17.8 KB · Views: 156
  • tank 003 (Small).webp
    tank 003 (Small).webp
    21.3 KB · Views: 156
  • tank 002 (Small).webp
    tank 002 (Small).webp
    75.8 KB · Views: 161
  • tank 001 (Small).webp
    tank 001 (Small).webp
    64.5 KB · Views: 152
Like yote said it looks like a fuge or sump area built behind a false wall in the tank. I don't see anything that resmbles a skimmer though.

The dark breen tube was a heater. The lighter green tube goes into a very small compartment where the heater was and when I lift it, the wooden stick comes up that is in the adjacent compartment. The other end is connected to a Rena Air 400. there is a collection cup ( I think that is what it is called) that sits over the stick. I cannot figure out how the tube is connected to the stick. I cannot lift either out all of the way.

Wow,

Never seen one of those before. Looks like an older style tank with a built-in homemade system (like a pre-biocube style aquarium).

Pull out your skimmer pump and clean it. Inside the pump may be a needlewheel impeller or another type of bubble-making impeller. It is probably deteriorated or broken.

You may have to replace the mesh wheel or the pump completely.

Another option would be to remove it and get yourself a newer style HOB skimmer.

Good luck!

Back