What are your FAVORITE....

AmberSunrise

Reef enthusiast
What are your TWO favorite pieces of equipment you have purchased for your set up?

The two things no matter how cheap or expensive that you just cant go without....

1. My HOB octopus skimmer (thanks BL1)

2. My SUPER long handled net I use this thing for EVERYTHING

Definitely my new skimmer :D Octopus monster!
smDSC08587.jpg

My ATO that I diy'd....cost me all of $7 to make.

DSC04761.jpg

My auto water change setup (LiterMeter III pumps).
Water changes would be a nightmare without it.

796424231_ENxXg-L.jpg

804776685_B8p4w-XL.jpg

Last edited:
I think the things I have purchased that I just can't live with out are:
1) Tunze Osmolater ATO system (this thing is awesome)
2) Tunze 6100 pumps coupled to a 7095 controller

My two favorites are
my DJ power strips, they make it so easy to shut things off when I need to.
And my new favorite is the lighting I custom wired into my DJ power strip so that I have lights in my stand to see what I'm doing (before I had to do everything while holding a flashlight under there)

My two favorites are
And my new favorite is the lighting I custom wired into my DJ power strip so that I have lights in my stand to see what I'm doing (before I had to do everything while holding a flashlight under there)

OOOOH AAAAH very nice. I currently have the 2 flashlight under tanks set up myself LOL :mrgreen:

My two favorites are

i installed this cheap fluorescent light from Lowe's to the ceiling of my stand. Plugs right into the dj strip. On my last tank i had some under-cabinet light pucks that came with a plug (second pic). You can also use those light pucks that you touch to turn on. Lots of good options out there for under cabinet lighting. :D Like you say, beats the heck out of a flashlight.
You're right, the dj strips make things much easier.

742929782_7RgWq-L.jpg

438148619_QLzo4-L.jpg

Back