Well #$(@#*|*&#

youtoo54

Reefing newb
I got home today and can actually see the dark spots in the back of my tank(the rocks) so I was very excited. Then I noticed the board in the bottom of the cabinet that the sump sits on is saturated. Its mostly in the very center of the sump. I checked all of my fittings and everything else to find no leaks. My only conclusion is that one of the seams of the actual sump its self is leaking|!!!!!!!! So now I need to drain the water down, pull the sump and seal it. How long will the tank water be ok with just my power heads circulating water in the DT>?

Oh no!!! It will be fine for as long as you keep up with water changes. It can run indefinitely without a sump. Obviously the sooner you get it plumbed back in, the easier, as doing larger and more frequent water changes is a pain.

ha ha sounds like my week,just got an ATO and installed it and the next day i stick my hand in the sump and get a surprise jolt of electricity to wake me up and come to find out my damn skimmer pump is leaking voltage into my sump so 80 buck down the drain to fix that,so now i am short on my cash for the new lights i was going to get this week. good luck fixing your sump hope its fixable unlike my pump

i have one in there now lol i could still feel the curent a little it so i am guessing it was throwing quite a bit of voltage,new pump is on its way now,3 day mail

Back