We Have A Jumper!!!!!!!!!

fishsticks

No clue about reefs
my randalls goby keeps jumping into the areas in the back of my nano like where the bio balls used to be. i think he been punked soo many times by the damsel that he now loves it back there, but he cant eat back there.. the damsel doesnt pick on any1 anymore because the angel and fire goby taught him a lesson so now every1 is peaceful any ideas on how to keep him from jumpin back there?

I dont know about the jumping but i would still get rid of that damsel. His instincts will kick in when you enter new fish. He wont be nice forever.

You have to somehow cover the area that he is jumping into. You can buy plastic garden mesh at Home Depot or Lowe's and stuff it in there to try and block him.

Trap the Damsel in the net at feeding time. It's easy, just put the food in a net and hold it next to the side of the tank. When the damsel swims in, you got him.

getridofthedamsel.com seriously get rid of it.... but bif is also right. either way you need to block off the area from the jumping possibility. that way there will be no way for the fish to escape.

When I was a kid we used to catch brook trout by putting un ripe black walnut shells in a gunny sack and crushing the green husks. We would throw it in the running water, and within a few minutes fish would start floating to the surface. The ones we did not take out of the water would swim off minutes after we took the bag out of the water. I do not think environmentalism was a common word back in the 50's and early 60's. Sorta akin to the dynamite or cyanide of the 80's and 90's for catching reef fish for the American aquarium trade done in the Pacific regions.

Back