Water flow/second T5

clancaster23

Reefing newb
Instead of two post, I'll make this into one.

For my 14 gallon, I'm looking for a pump at around 400 gph. Would it be ok to have one with that much flow or should I maybe get two at around 200 gph each? And is that too much flow for a 14? The 400 would be about circulate the water about 28 times.

Second question is for my 75. I'm thinking of buying a second T5, same one that I have. It's a four bulb at 216 watts. Would it be fine to get a second one and just put it right next to the one I have, giving my tank a nice 432 watts?

I think you are going to want two smaller powerheads because it will be easier to prevent dead spots. And as long as the sand isnt flying around, then you dont have too much flow.

Also, you can do that with the lights, but it seems like that would be super awkward. If you are going to get new lights, i would get these: Aquarium Lighting for Reef Systems: Current Nova Extreme Pro Saltwater T-5 Fixtures

With those 6 bulbs you will be able to keep anything you want.

I'd love to get that light if you wanted to write the check ;). Not looking to spend that kinda cash on a light. I'd be happy with two of the ones I have. I was thinking that or just get a metal halide. Still not sure yet.

Back