Vanuatu Live Rock?

WarmSoda

Reefing newb
Vanuatu Live Rock?

I've never heard of it, and It looks great for cycling a new reef; which I what I'm doing! anyone every purchase this before? The description says the pieces are huge and porous making me think that it has a huge surface area, without being heavy like Florida rock.

Any input?

I have some in my tank, I ordered it from Live Aquaria. It is more expensive than other types of live rock, at least, it doesn't seem to be on sale as often as the other types on Live Aquaria. But it definitely looks nice.

I have some in my tank, I ordered it from Live Aquaria. It is more expensive than other types of live rock, at least, it doesn't seem to be on sale as often as the other types on Live Aquaria. But it definitely looks nice.

Well, after gathering sufficient information and looking at my price range, I've narrowed it down to two options...

Option 1. One order of Vanuatu and one order of Fiji Foundation = 65 lbs of LR

or

Option 2. One order of Fiji Foundation and two orders of Fiji Standard = 125 lbs of LR.

Hmmm only if it's a special, I suppose. I've never had free shipping from them on LR. They have a flat rate for shipping heavy things (for me, it's $17), but LR should be shipped overnight or 2-day, so I don't think that applies.

Hmmm only if it's a special, I suppose. I've never had free shipping from them on LR. They have a flat rate for shipping heavy things (for me, it's $17), but LR should be shipped overnight or 2-day, so I don't think that applies.

:( At this point, I'm paying almost as much for the shipping as I am the rocks! ($179.98 for the rock and $125.10 for the shipping! OUCH!

edit: I think I'm going to have to find a different place...

:( At this point, I'm paying almost as much for the shipping as I am the rocks! ($179.98 for the rock and $125.10 for the shipping! OUCH!

edit: I think I'm going to have to find a different place...
well if your paying 179 dollars for rock from the fosters then its not vanuatu rock because they only have one option for it and thats a 30lbs box for 159.99 a box. and i just did a mock checkout with one box and its only 47 dollars and some change for my to get it delivered from Rhinelander Wisconsin to my door overnight

In the past live aquaria has had the best prices when you figure the price of the rock and the price of the shipping and then figure that with how much you are paying per pound it is pretty cheap. A good thing with live aquaria is there customer service is amazing, I ordered a shippment of there premium fiji rock a few years ago, the add said no rubble, well several pounds of my box were rubble and they sent me another box free. Anyway, customer service is important and worth something to me, especially when you are buying something site unseen. Good luck with your shopping

well if your paying 179 dollars for rock from the fosters then its not vanuatu rock because they only have one option for it and thats a 30lbs box for 159.99 a box. and i just did a mock checkout with one box and its only 47 dollars and some change for my to get it delivered from Rhinelander Wisconsin to my door overnight

It wasn't the vanuatu I was ordering, I just put in two orders of the standard. 90lbs total, I think.

EDIT: I decided to get more bang for the back and go with the fiji standard.

Last edited:
Back