UV Filter PUMP HELP!!! ARGHGHGHG

phastroh

Do Not Listen To Me!!!
Ok I have posted about this before but didn't get any ideas so here it is one last time since I am setting up my rock this weekend.

It is all about my UV filter pump and the set up.

The pump is a Quiet One 800. Works perfect. Doesn't stick to the glass under the water at all.

The UV is located on the back of the tank.

1) I wanted the pump to sit on the floor and then run tubes up and over the back to the UV and then have a tube hanging back in the corner out of view as much as possible.

Did not work as the pump floated up and tubing is not the most flexible. Got it at the Home Depot.

2) Decided to place the pump on the right side of the tank on the glass. This would have the outlet pointing to the side so I curved the tubing in a circle to come out of the water and curve into the UV and then have the pipe hanging in the water.

I positioned the UV so the IN/OUTs were pointing up so the natural curve of the tubing bends over the back of the tank and into the water.

AIIIIIIHHHI again the Pump falls of the glass.

Now with what has happened out there I have a simple question(s)

Would I be better off to just put the sand and rock in and then hide it behind the rocks and drop a rock on it. and not care how it is sitting.

As long as its position in the tank does not matter to its efficiency I don't care.

I was going to maybe just get a few elbows you can slide tubing on and make a tube that is just straight and goes down behind the rocks.

I kind of don't want to be screwed if the pump fails and I need to change it out.

Thanks.

Mine for my UV filter pump won't stick to my glass for too long and it is getting annoying sticking it back on every other day.

I was thinking that I would use the sand to bury the suction cup but I doubt it.

It really has been a pain to get the flexible tubing to work well. I have my UV filter on a slant(using suction cups) so the tube will sit right.

It is just terrible to deal with. I tried the tube 3 times to get a good angle.

I can't hard plumb it because the outlet fits nothing I can find. It is a quiet one 800. Great working just won't stick.

I had it flush to the bottom and the next day it was floating up. I guess I could slap a rock on it. I want to hide it in the back but figure in the back on the bottom is not as good as midway up.

yea set a couple rocks on it to hold it in place but i would keep it off the bottom so that it does not suck sand into the pump

Why not go with your first idea?
Just get some of those hose barbs and use the PVC elbows to go up and over the side of your tank?

Keeps the pump external, maybe easier to change if it goes bad?

the 800 is a wet only pump, what model uv do you have? and yes those slip fittings are a pain! I use slightly smaller tubing and put one end in boiling water to soften it, once its on try a zip tie to lock it up

No it has like two feet if line to slow it up pumping uphill plus it is turned down almost halfway maybe a little less because it ia adjustable

Back