upgraded!

bwaller76

Love my tanks!
Ok so we went to the fish store to make payments on our 75 gallon tank when we saw a used 150 gallon tank with heater, blowers...several other supplies mostly for freshwater. We decided if for nothing more than the tank we traded our "layaway" 75 gallon for the 150. I am excited. On that note a question i had was I have been seeing "garf rock" which seems to be manmade live rock. I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on this and I would love to hear them.
:bowdown::bounce:

I'm still curing mine, but money wise, it's a nice way to save. So far so good. I'm still curing mine because I took a break from curing it when it wasn't fully cured yet, so that's my fault. If you have the bathroom space, I suggest starting it now. By the time you pay off your 150, your rocks might be ready. Make sure to check the PH daily to keep track of the curing process. And don't skimp on the slat (Project and I both skimped on our salt on this first batch, but after having made this first batch, we both realize that using the recommended amount of salt in the rock is a good thing). Here's the thread, includes a video by eddiekern on his rock-making:

https://www.livingreefs.com/diy-base-rock-la-garf-t19017.html

Back