Tuesday I'm upgrading :

Gdbyrd

life's a beach
Tomorrow I'm doing a big water change..and saving all my tossed out water. I'm also doing some last minute work on this 55g I picked up earlier this week. I stained the stand Friday. Tonight I finish paining the back of the tank, and I also need to do some touching up on the stand.

Tuesday morning I'm draining the remaining water into some tupperware, and placing my LR/coral in it. Then I'll pull the tank. Clean the area under the stand. Move the new stand in, mount the tank. Here's the bad part. I have a ton of CC in my old tank. So I'm going to filter out as much as I can..but 90% of the sand will be new.

Pour the sand in, add my water from Monday's WC. Drop the rock in, and just filler'up.

Is there anythign else I need to think about or plan for? I'm trying to mentally plan all this out as best I can so I'm not in for any surprises.

G, why don't you start an official build thread in the Tank Showcase forum?

What kind of fish do you have? Where will they be during the move?

C

G, why don't you start an official build thread in the Tank Showcase forum?

What kind of fish do you have? Where will they be during the move?

C
I have a build thread for my current tank under "My glass doghouse." I'll start another one for this tank. I don't really care for fish much. I just have two saddle brown clownfish. They'll be in the container with just water from my water change tomorrow.

I just want to make sure I'm not going to screw up and forget something that may cause a delay. I don't want anything to die : /

Make sure you have plenty of totes for all the rock,fish,corals,and inverts.
Get the 55 filled at least half way with new water and get it to temp.
Then place the rock and do the aquascaping.Next add the sand.Then the fish and coral.The finish toping it off with the water from from the old tank.
Of course if the 55 needs to set where the old tank is,then you'll need enough tubs to hold the water until you got everything moved around.

Thanks guys. I'm hoping it'll go smooth too. I'm seriously going to miss my 47tall. The rock stack was amazing and a real challenge to orcehstrate without any glues or pipes. It's just now starting to get COMPLETELY covered in coraline too. So that part of it sucks.

But the goods far outweigh the bad. I can't wait to get a long tank so I can setup flow correctly. Being able to adjust things in my tank without having to reach in to my shoulder(while standing on the side of my couch..I should get a picture, it's really pretty entertaining). Plus the ROOM..Oh man, having a huge sandbed is going to rock so much. It's a complete pain trying to add anything to my tank, there's just no land room.

Back