Tank question

Well my glass tank doesn't even have them but some do.

I was just looking at this tank - Aquarium 150 gallon

I email them for information on what it comes with. I really wanted a rectangle tank since these look cool but suck to view at angles. My 80Gal is terrible to try to see into the back an at angles.

$150 is cheap for all that equipment but I hate the black corners.

Not all tanks need the extra support, but if you get a tank that comes with them, i would leave them on.

And that looks like a nice deal.

It does look cheap but I emailed to ask for a list of exactly what it comes with. I asked for the names and the lights as well, if it had scratches and so on.

My concern would be once it is ready how can I transfer my stuff.

I know there are many things out there to help you do it but I would surely get new sand. I have 160 pounds of rock but I would not be too happy to just pull it out all together and throw it in the bigger tank.

I would want to plan out the way it looked an so on. The thing about leaving my fish alone with no rocks in the tank for a few days seems worrisome.

I would at least be able to get to the Eel and I would want to take each rock and get the darn Mantis out of my tank.

I just don't know if I am prepared to take all the rock out.

I have been saving all the salt buckets up so I could place the rock in there for a day or so as I work on it.

Many things I have learned I would put to use and I would love to make the tank open with areas of open sand for critters to play.

Just think it is a lot of work and what worries me the most is the fish.

I have the 2 Damsels, the Clowns and the Coral Angel and they all hang around near each other a lot. No problems.

I know I would have to add water to the DT because after I take of the rocks there will be plenty of water needed.

I was also thinking how awesome of would be to go get new cheap dry rock to star over and leave space for my live rock. I could cycle the tank with my Dr. Tims real quick and then just transport my live rock right over.

My problem with that is I HAVE TO get the Mantis and dunking it is RO/DI water may not be the best for the rocks and cause a cycle.(Couldn't it?)

If you're moving live rock from one tank to another, I dont think the new tank would cylce. The only way I'd see that happening is if you moved the sand from the old tank to the new.

Are you talking about doing a FW dip on all your rock? Have you been able to determine which rock the mantis is living in? I would think that you would only need to dip that rock, not every single one in your tank

Yeah I would have to figure out the rock. A lot of my dry rock in the bottom back s still just dirty to white still. I plan on using all new sand since I have crushed coral. I will rinse some of it because I want it for accenting some areas but not much.

I figure someone had to buy that tank by now but it is quitting time so maybe I will hear back. If it is good I may go get it tonight. As a matter of fact I need to call my ride and ask. I only have an Acadia and there is no way it fits. Shoot I may need a van and a truck.

Back