Tank Getting Hot

ltljoker

The Great Tang Herder
I am having a hard time keeping my tank cool. I have an inclosed canopy. If I were to open it the light would light up the whole house:shock:. The lighting system is built into the canopy. So how can I cool it down, I do not have a heater running at this time and my water temp is still at a 84 degrees. HELP :bowdown:

Try adding a couple fans to circulate air through it. I am guessing that the back is open. I have heard fans can bring the temps down almost 10 degrees

Brian

I agree with the fans. If you cant open the canopy maybe you can drill out some holes and insert computer fans to blow the heat out.

Also, do you have glass tops on the tank, cause if so, just remove them...if not then the fans are the best idea. My tank is always at 82* to 84* all the time, so no big thing if it is around that temp...as long as its not changing temps at a fast rate.

so if the temp always stays at this range it will be ok. I wouldnt have to worry about it. it doesnt fluxuate at allits always the same

I don't think it's a big deal really...My tank is always 82 to 84*, it never goes below 80...never. And my livestock seem to love it, they are actually more active around this temp.

Yes, they will be alright. Large fluctuations in temp (like if your temp ranges from 78 to 84 in a 24 hour period) are more dangerous than the temps consistently being between 82 and 84. My tank runs hot too, in the 82 to 84 range.

I dont know dcan Im not a vampire. Normally im asleep at that hour. But I dont think so cause when I get up which is normallt 9ish its still in the 80 degree area

If I set the alarm for 4am and had the wife get up to check the tank the only excitement would be me running from here down the street in my boxers lol. But i will try it.:pooh: thats early

ok an update on the tank temp problem. i put some fans under the hood of the canopy to cool the lights and have a glass thermometer in the lower part of my tank and now with the fans the temp is staying in the green area of the thermometer thansk guys for all the help and advice problem has be alieviated

Back