t5's

daugherty

part time reefer
how do 12k t5's look i want a nice crisp white look not to blue but not yellow a 14k is to blue i was wondering if anyone knew how the 12k bulb looks

James,The beauty of T-5s,is you can mix bulbs of different ratings and get totally different look.
I'm running one 12K bulb,but cant tell much with it being mixed with 6700K.

on my aquactinics 5 bulb fixture i run 2 ATI aqua blue(12k)
2 ATI blue plus(actinicblue)
1 geisemann pure actinic
my tank has some blue to it i use to run 3 12k bulbs and 2 blue plus but is was so bright all my ricordea and yuma stayed shriveled up but now there expanded and even my zoos are doing awesome everything colored up nicely even a bleached out coral will color up quick under these lights.

It will depend on the manufacturer.Most will be crisp white with a very slight blue hue.You may not even notice the difference between it and a 10k crisp white without it side by side.

My taste maybe different than yours Daugherty.I like to get the most color out of the corals so this list is bluish but balance for corals and to the eyes.I'm sure I mentioned this many times,email or give Reef Geek a call.They have good prices on bulbs and are really good at giving choices for the look you want.

Example of my choice for eight bulb:
ATI blue plus
ATI aquablue special 12k
UV super actinic
GE 6500k
ATI blue plus
UV aquasun 10k
ATI blue plus
ATI aquasun 10k

not to hijack but reef you have the same look that i want in my tank, with the lights getting the most color out of my corals as possible, so with your choice what would you do for a the 6 bulb nova pro

Leave the last two bulbs off the list above(blue plus,aquasun 10k)

Daugherty,the last bulb should of been an ATI aquablue special-12k and not the UV aquasun 10k(I accidently typed)

I would reccomend these lights to any one so far they are super bright and very low heat. they put out much more light than my 4 96w pc's and 175w mh ever did.

Back