Super Skimmer

SSalty

Team Liquid Force
My super skimmer decided to stop spitting out bubbles, the pump is working but there are no airbubbles. I checked to make sure the air intake was clear of debri and still no go. Any ideas on what I should do?

Thanks.

Have you cleaned out where the airline connects to the pump?
If thats not the problem,maybe the air silencer is stopped up.

wtf!!!!!! I cleaned off my pump and around where the airline goes to the pump last night just for maintainence purposes and now I'm having the same problem! I hate this skimmer. its caused nothing but problems. no air silencer on it. still no bubbles and I have no freakin clue what is going on now. so I would appreciate any ideas too.

I would take the pump apart and see if the needle wheel is dirty then take the intake off and clean, then go through the air intake line it has to be one of them.

it was way too late and I had about a 2 gallon flood thanks to the skimmer last night so I didn't mess with it for too long so I guess its time to really crack down on it after work

Any time these skimmers are Stoped they will need a re break in period.

Just make sure that it is at the right depth in the water and give it a good day or so .

I have yet to clean anything but where the airline attaches to the pump.
No problems what so ever since day 1.

clean here and it will work again. if you dose alk buffer or calcium a lot it can stop up with carbonate deposites and it may take a little more than a toothpick to clean it out. I had to use a drillbit to knock the crap out of mine a few days ago.

005_456909.JPG

Fishbait, you rock!! That bad boy was CLOGGED. My skimmer is working better than ever. Thanks man.

BTW, all I needed to use was a needle.

I have a CSS 125 and had the same problems everyone else probably has or had. Floods and clogged air intake, which I think are related. Less air means more room for water and the water rises out of the neck. I got tired of it. I bought a GenX 2400 needlewheel pump to replace the junky no name pump the skimmer came with. Problems are gone away and I think it performs much better now.

mine still has the rio pump that it came with a year ago, with no problem. did ya'lls come with some chinese pump or something?

this is off topic but hey fishbait did u get yr signature from reefscavengers motto.(detritus happens, we got ya covered)

so i got my issue figured out. dont know how it would have been different than before but maybe my pump was hung up on something in my overflow before. because i wasnt getting enough air due to my pump being too far under water. cut about an inch and a half of my tube that goes to the pump down to raise it and it looks like its runnin like a champ now.

Back