Super glue

UnderwaterWorld

Reef enthusiast
Is some kinds of super glue toxic to fish? that may be what is affecting my clown and one of my corals.

I used Loctite. I didn't want to keep it out of the water long though so i only let it sit for a few minutes.

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times]ETHYL CYANOACRYLATE[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times] POLYMETHYLMETHACRYLATE[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times]HYDROQUINONE (SARA III)[/FONT]

That's what is says here. So it's not toxic then?

SUPER GLUE LOCTITE

I'm not a chemist but those other ingredients doesn't sound safe.My tube of super glue gel only list cyanoacrylate as an ingredient not the other things you listed.Since I have never heard of people using loctite,I would say its toxic.

Ok, so once and for all, is the locite super glue gel safe to use... I just bought like 12 of the locite super glue gel, it was the only thing that I could find that said super glue gel...

Ok, what about Krazy Glue? from their website:

Composition, Information on Ingredients
The ingredients listed below have been associated with one or more immediate and/or delayed(*) health hazards. Risk of damage and effects depends upon duration and level of exposure. BEFORE USING, HANDLING, OR EXPOSURE TO THESE INGREDIENTS, READ AND UNDERSTAND THE MSDS. % by weight 7085-85-0 Ethyl 2-Cyanoacrylate 69012-64-2 Fumed, Silica

Ok, what about Krazy Glue? from their website:

Composition, Information on Ingredients
The ingredients listed below have been associated with one or more immediate and/or delayed(*) health hazards. Risk of damage and effects depends upon duration and level of exposure. BEFORE USING, HANDLING, OR EXPOSURE TO THESE INGREDIENTS, READ AND UNDERSTAND THE MSDS. % by weight 7085-85-0 Ethyl 2-Cyanoacrylate 69012-64-2 Fumed, Silica

as long as it has this ingredient ... it is safe.

Back