Sump and stuff

UnderwaterWorld

Reef enthusiast
So I'm trying to figure out how to save some money with my tank and I think that the easiest way to to make the sump and the stand for my tank.

Can anyone show me some great DIY for a sump and tank stand?

Are they both easy to make?

sump is a piece of cake. just get another tank and silocone some baffles into it. there is a specific baffle design to minimize micro bubbles returning to the display.

the stand is a little more difficult, but for a 12g tank i am sure you could find something at a flea market or swap meet to use for a stand. my 100g frag tank just uses some 2x4's for the stand.

the sump size is really unlimited except by the size that you can get into the area that you want it. for an in the stand sump ... you could probably make the stand a little longer and taller than it needs to be to hold the tank and slide in a 10g, 15g, 20g (long or tall),or 29g tank with all of you equipment inside the sump.

A sump is very easy to build. All you need is a aquarium.plexi glass, and silicon. Divide it into three sections. First section is for the return and skimmer. Second is the furg also I put my theometer in it,and last is for the pump. I also put a bubble trap in mine. Just be sure to measure the opening ofwhere your going to put it. If I can make one anyone can.

Hmmm, somewhere hidden deep within these pages are drawings of mine, and some links I had posted to some DIY stands. Might try checkin in the DIY section. If I get time this evening, I'll look around and try to find them for you.

Back