Stocking Questions

Nedim

Reefing newb
Well, my pH is at 8.2, all levels look ok and nitrates are high, but I'm doing water changes to fix that. I'm ordering the coralife super skimmer and I ordered all the parts to fix my canister. How do I know when I'm ready to start adding fish? And once I'm ready to add them, is there a good site to read up on compatibility? I'm really liking the coral beauty angel and the flamefish look cool to keep in a small group. Any suggestions?

Your ready to add fish now, however, you have to do it slowly. Before you add a fish post on here or do a search to find out there compatability, specific needs,and there temperment. The coral beauty is very nice fish and its hardy, if its need can be met. Your tank is not ready for one yet, they need lots of matuer live rock to eat from. I want to get one to but I'm going to wait for about a year and more live rock before I add one, also if you plan on adding corals these fish somtimes pick on them not always though. The firefish IMO would be a good fish to add, however it is recomended to have a tight fittin lid because they are jumpers.

Yes I know but its only the striped and the blue and really, being as the clowns are relatives to the damsel isnt suggestion a clown the same as suggesting a damsel :)

Yep Bobby's right, although clowns are damsels, clowns are probably the least aggressive kind of damsel. I have a yellowtailed blue damsel that is not aggressive at all (although it can be). Chromis are another type of non-aggressive damsel. I have three green chromis and they look cool when they school.

They look cool when they school.

Look biff your poet and didnt know it. LOL I know its lame but I said it anyway.

Back