STILL looking for a skimmer

Solarfall

Totally Gnar
I've been running skimmerless for like I don't know, a month now. And I havn't been able to make up my mind.
I considered a HOB but I can't really find any that will work in a 10g sump, so I'm back to in-sumps. At this point I'm willing to spend no more than $250 on a good skimmer rated for at least 150 gallons. But I don't hear much about in-sump models, I can only find solid reviews on the Remora or octo 800s, both HOBs that won't work with the height of a 10g.
I need something no more than 25" tall and under $250 (with pump) that will do the job. Any suggestions? I've made my fair share of bad purchases already and I want to be sure I'm getting a quality skimmer for what I'm paying.

On a side note, I've actually got no more than 10 ppm nitrates right now skimmerless. I bought another 30 lbs of live rock recently (making around 75 lbs total) and holy hell did it make a difference. Nitrates cut in half in less than a week and I feed twice a day. So I'm pretty sure a good skimmer will zero my nitrates easily.

Thanks guys.

Back