Some Questions

italipinos8

Reefing newb
Halfway throught the cycle with my biocube 29 :D. 23 lbs of base rock, 7 lbs of cured live rock
Anyone know a good powerhead for a biocube?
ammonia- 0 ppm (went as high as .5 - 1.0 ppm
nitrite- 1.0 ppm
nitrate- 0 ppm
sg- 1.026

Starting to notice brown stuff on sand and on back wall. What is this called again and do i just leave it?
IMG_0336.webp

Also the hair algae is beginning to grow on the live rock.. nothing on the base rock

First thing i want to add to the tank is a goby/pistol combo. Probably a yellow watchmen goby and either a tiger pistol or a randall's pistol. How deep does the sand bed need to be for the pair? Say when i get them if i could trap them in a small tupperware container where i want them to dig?

Is this a mushroom?
IMG_0332.webp

And heres a FTS
IMG_0335.webp

Koralia Nano 240? Maybe 2 of them, thats what im going to go with.

The brown stuff is called diatoms im pretty sure. Perfectly normal and won't last that long as long as your not using tap water. My tank just started getting them a few days ago and they seem to be getting better now. Not sure about the fish/shrimp question but im sure someone can help.

Also I really like your scape!

I have a Koralia 1 in my Biocube 29 but the really stick out into the tank. I suggest getting a smaller power-head with the same GPH This will stick out a lot less than a Koralia.:

va1300powerhead2.jpg

+1 Killer. The brown stuff is diatoms. I have a JBJ Nano 28gal. While the Nano Cube does have stonger pumps than the Biocube, I only needed to add a Korlia Nano 425. The 425 has 425 gph vs. 240 gph on the 240.

Koralia Nano 240? Maybe 2 of them, thats what im going to go with.

The brown stuff is called diatoms im pretty sure. Perfectly normal and won't last that long as long as your not using tap water. My tank just started getting them a few days ago and they seem to be getting better now. Not sure about the fish/shrimp question but im sure someone can help.

Also I really like your scape!

Using rodi water

Guess ill look into the korlia 425

Anyone know what that green thing is?

Back