Some more questions.

Ok then. I'll check the water on Monday and see where it sits. If the ammonia is 0 I'll do a water change(first one) and check again and from there I'll get some cuc and a fish. Let's not jump ahead and get the water straight first. Thanks again lil Matty

Checked my water today and got this. From what it looks like to me is ammonia is 0, nitrites are 0, and nitrates are 40. So, i went to the lfs and bought 5 gallons of mixed water and a digital thermometer to get a better read on the temp. Did a 3 gallon water change and going to check the water again in the morning and see where it sits. Now questions how do most ppl put water back into the tank? I just poured it in but it seems to cause a mini sandstorm. Is that ok or should i do it differently? What should i get for CUC? and how do you actually put them into the tank? And is there a time limit to put a fish into the tank itself? Thanks lil matty
of course some more pics.

Attachments

• watertest 11-07-11.webp
    watertest 11-07-11.webp
    17.4 KB · Views: 150
  • full tank.webp
    full tank.webp
    33 KB · Views: 150
  • reff2.webp
    reff2.webp
    33.2 KB · Views: 141
  • reff5.webp
    reff5.webp
    24.6 KB · Views: 139
  • reff4.webp
    reff4.webp
    25 KB · Views: 146
Ok. So, went looking for some fish to buy to put in the tank. Looking for some black clown or darker a pair of darker color clownfish. couple of questions whats the tr clown? how do you tell true and fasle apart? Wasn't to sure about that so i just ended up just getting an emerald crab and five hermit crabs to start clearing the brown algae away. just have a couple of question needed answer and going to get a pair hopefully tomorrow. what do i replace with the bioballs in chamber 2 and the filter in chamber 1. i had hope to have a protein skimmer for chamber 1 but it hasn't arrived yet thanks lil matty
here are some pics of the emerald crab

Attachments

• IMG_0062.webp
    IMG_0062.webp
    32.8 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_0063.webp
    IMG_0063.webp
    51.1 KB · Views: 141
You don't have to replace the bioballs or filter with anything. I never did. Try googling "biocube mods" and you'll find lots of DIY stuff to do to your biocube if you want to get all complicated. :) Some people have lights and cheato and yadda yadda. I never messed with all of it cause I'm not a DIY gal.

Ok. Basically take them both out and make sure I do my regular(weekly) water changes and it should all be good. Guess I'll take the big dive into the salt world tomorrow with a pair of clowns. Thanks lil Matty

Ok. Can I just take all the bioballs out at once without hurting anything or making the water quality go down? Or take a few out over a week time? Thanks lil Matty

Ok. So, went looking for some fish to buy to put in the tank. Looking for some black clown or darker a pair of darker color clownfish. couple of questions whats the tr clown? how do you tell true and fasle apart?
I am by no means an expert on this so I hope others will chime in and correct me if I am wrong, but the True Percula Clownfish will usually have thicker black stripes outlining the white coloring and they also have 10 dorsal spines. The True Percula will only come in the Orange and White color scheme with maybe a little black. They usually run about $35.00-$40.00. The False Percula which some in the varying color patterns such as black will have 12 dorsal spines and are usually around $15.00 - $25.00.

that's absolutely correct burch, percs are usually a little cheaper than that. also when removing bioballs remove them slowly so you don't shock your tank.

Ok. Went and looked at a pair of clownfish today amd found a pair that i liked. Plus, got 5 snails to add for the CUC. Everything is looking good so far(knock on wood). Here are some pictures and a movie of the new addition. Last picture is the water para. Thanks for all the help and advice for everyone here whos answered questions. Thanks lil matty

Here's a lil video http://www.flickr.com/photos/17642407@N05/6335207352/in/photostream

Attachments

• clown 3.webp
    clown 3.webp
    37.2 KB · Views: 158
  • clown 2.webp
    clown 2.webp
    20.3 KB · Views: 153
  • clown 1.webp
    clown 1.webp
    28.1 KB · Views: 150
  • watertest 11-07-11.webp
    watertest 11-07-11.webp